Sadashiv Golwalkar

Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar was born on 19 February 1906 at Ramtek in Maharashtra to Sadashivrao, a school teacher and Lakshmibai. His mother gave birth to nine sons out of which only Madhav survived. His father’s transferrable job took him to numerous places but poverty spared them nowhere. 
Golwalkar was a brilliant student who graduated in Science and also got a Master of Science degree with first class in Zoology at Banaras Hindu University (BHU).His thesis on marine life on which he worked diligently, could not be completed for want of money. He became a teacher at BHU and was called Guruji. He worked there for a tenure of three years. 
There on he studied law and obtained a degree in L.L.B..He was greatly influenced by Rama Krishna Mission. On 13 January 1937, he got initiated by Swami Akhandananda, a direct disciple of Shri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and subsequently received his 'diksha'. 
Other than spirituality, anything intellectual stimulated him. He was a voracious reader and he read whatever books he could lay his hands on be it History, Art, Theology, Sciences, Sociology or Economics. He applied all his knowledge and intellect to the service of his country. Golwalkar joined the RSS and trained at Officers Training Camp in Nagpur. Golwalkar’s ability, passion and inclination towards the goals impressed Dr. Hegdewar who further encouraged him to move forward and be more active by taking on more responsibility. 
Spirituality and party work went hand in hand for him. He looked dignified with a long flowing beard, curly hair and his face radiating his inner strength and beauty. His was an inspiring presence of an enigmatic personality. It attracted people to him and his ideals. He was a karmayogi in the true sense of the word. He instilled patriotism in the hearts of millions of youth of the country. 
He believed and propagated the Hindu way of life and philosophy. Guruji travelled countrywide to inspire people through the length and breadth of India innumerable times. However, unfortunately he was afflicted with cancer. He underwent operation for it which was successful, but he knew he had little time. His work picked up momentum as he did not want to leave with work half done. He finally called it a day on 3rd of April 1973 - See more at:

Latest News